Senior Entry Writer Customs
Responsible for coordination of the documentation required by US Customs and Border Protection for entry of goods into the US on behalf of the importer. This position possesses advance understanding of Customs entry concepts and the ability to self-classify imported goods, including having a good understanding of LTCS core business.
Come and see what we have to offer!
Your responsibilities and duties may include the following:
- Review Customers invoices to determine type of entries to be filled.
- Reviews shipping documentation for completeness and accuracy.
- Advance Customs import classification using the US Harmonized Tariff schedule.
- Advance knowledge of ACE System & the ability to problem solve with Customs and vendors
- Communicate shipment holds by Other Government agencies
- Monitoring of Brokerage Mailbox and ensuring effective follow-ups are taken
- Work in accordance with Lufthansa Technik policy,
- Communicate with forwarders documents requirements for Customs entry
- Ensure all Customs entries are correctly assigned bill to contact.
- Apply LEAN fundamentals to Customs entry process.
- Other duties as assigned.
Flight privileges, 401k plan, Commuter Benefits, Education, Employee Assistance Program, Family Policy, Flex Holidays, Healthcare, Life Insurance, Long Disability, Short Disability, up to 60 Sick Days, Vacation Days
Be part of a highly motivated and talented team!
The ideal Senior Entry Writer Customs must fulfill the following requirements:
- Bachelor degree desirable.
- More than 5 years’ experience in a Customs Brokerage environments or formal course trainings.
- US customs brokerage and US import experience required.
- English required.
- Advanced knowledge of Customs Brokerage, Import/Export, Aviation Logistics, Transportation, and Customer Service.
- Excel/Word/Access/PowerPoint. Excellent use of email, internet, and other computer tools as user.
- Must possess permit to work in the U.S.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Shift work / overtime.
- Constant time pressure.
- High stress level.
- In accordance with rules and regulations, and given authorities.
*CV/Resume and Cover Letter required.
Lufthansa Technik is the worldwide leading independent provider of maintenance, repair, overhaul and modification services for civil aircraft. With tailored maintenance programs and state-of-the-art repair methods we ensure the durable reliability and availability of our customers’ aircraft fleets. We are an internationally-licensed maintenance, production and development company. With its six business units (Maintenance, Overhaul, Component Services, Engine Services, Landing Gear Services, and VIP Services and Innovation) the Lufthansa Technik Group offers its approximate 800 customers worldwide, a complete range of services round about aircraft technology.www.lufthansa-technik.de
Share with your Social Media Account
Click on one of the following icons:
To copy the link, click the following icon: